If you want to lose weight without going to the gym you would do great with purchasing a treadmill for your homes. Treadmills are popular with a great many people mainly because they are easy to use and come with different intensity levels to
Keep the following things in mind when purchasing a treadmill.
Avoid Manual Treadmills
Though manual treadmills are expensive and that is exactly what motivates people into buying them, you should make sure you avoid buying them. The reasons include a steep incline which can’t be changed, it’s difficult for beginners and running
on these treadmills is almost impossible because of stability issues.
Features to look for in buying a Treadmill
Before you buy a treadmill make sure to look for the following features
- A belt which moves smoothly. This will allow you to set your pace easily.
- Check out the safety features. A treadmill without an emergency stop button is no use especially for people who suffer breathing problems or have a cardiovascular disease. The safety features allow you to exercise knowing that you could stop
whenever you want to.
- Most treadmill displays are important features. Choose a treadmill which displays the speed and intensity of the workout along with the heart rate. This Perth based website has a good treadmill for sale that will meet all of the required needs.
- The incline feature. A treadmill with an incline feature allows you to have great workouts. Most treadmills have buttons which create automatic hills however avoid those which make use of water pistons for creating an incline. They tend to wear
off over time.
- The motor power of the treadmill. If you want to have intense workouts than you need to buy a treadmill with better power.
- The track size. If you just plan to have regular walking workouts you can easily save up on cash by purchasing a treadmill with a shorter track size. However people who prefer running on treadmills would need extra long tracks.
- Beware of treadmills which are sold for prices too good to be true. That’s because treadmills under $1000 often have low stability and make creaking noises. Besides they aren’t very safe to use either. Instead choose a treadmill which has good
quality so that it lasts throughout the years.
- Check out for built in work out programs. These offer a variety when compared to monotonous walking on the treadmill. Each treadmill has a workout menu. However an extensive menu means a hiked up price as well.
- Before you buy a treadmill make sure you test it out by walking on it. Also make sure you wear your running shoes, this would give you an idea of how well the treadmill works.
- The treadbelt should be durable. Go for treadmills which have a two ply or four ply treadbelt. This makes them extra resilient.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that the belts should be infused with silicon. This feature makes the belts maintenance free. However they can greatly increase the cost of the treadmill as well.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind when buying a treadmill can help buy one which is just right for you. If you are looking for high quality treadmills at affordable prices make sure to contact the home gym experts at www.flexequipment.com.au.